Thursday 2 February 2012

More painting...



These two pieces were painted maybe 18 months ago or so, and were really just a way of teaching myself to oil paint, after a break of about ten years. I hadn't enjoyed oils at school, it always seemed very messy and all the colours turned into brown... painting these showed me I was wrong! I really enjoyed painting them and I liked the results. Obviously these were painted from photos - Amy Winehouse and Grace Jones did not pose for me, obviously. As a side note, I never actually finished the Grace Jones painting, but I hung it on the wall to get it out the way, and just sort of got used to it. I think I like the roughness of it though. I originally intended to sell the Winehouse one, but then she died, and selling it seemed like it'd be in poor taste. Anyway, I hope you like them, and are enjoying the little tour of my non-comic artwork!

No comments:

Post a Comment